The mission of Holy Cross Episcopal Church is to worship, share, and exercise the servant ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ in the rich tradition of the Anglican Communion. We focus our servanthood ministry on the less fortunate and disenfranchised within the local and greater community. We place special emphasis on children, the elderly, the men and women of our Armed Forces and their families, and the incarcerated.
Our vision is to be known as an open and welcoming church serving the spiritual and secular needs of the community.
Our values are grounded in our love of Jesus Christ as expressed in servanthood, stewardship, diversity, community, and courageous compassion.
- Share our faith by attracting new members and increasing attendance at our worship services.
- Serve our community by increasing our Social Justice Ministry programs.
- Foster our parish community by increasing the frequency and participation in Servanthood events.
- Recruit additional parishioners to participate in our worship service ministries.
- Continue our path to financial independence from the Diocese.
Specific Goals for 2015
Each year the Bishop's Committee establishes specific goals, based on the Holy Cross Strategic Plan. Each ministry leaders formulates two to three goals which must be quantifiable, measurable, and achievable. These specific goals are not meant to be the only things we plan to achieve, but rather the most important goals in that ministry area for the year. Holy Cross needs your help to accomplish the goals! Please look over the list, see where your interests and talents lie, and contact the appropriate ministry leader to volunteer.
Worship and Formation
- Recruit and train at least three people to aid the Godly Play teachers as "doorkeepers" by 1 September 2015.
- Develop and conduct a survey to ascertain congregational preferences in worship, music, and formation by 1 September 2015.
- Recruit and train at least two usher teams of two people each by 1 September 2015.
- Conduct one live on-line church service by 1 August 2015.
- Conduct three "meet and greet" events by the end of the calendar year at Alga Norte Park with a team of at least four people to interface with the community and introduce them to Holy Cross.
Stewardship and Administration
- Recruit a team of people to deliver Meals-on-Wheels meals once a month by 1 June 2015.
- Contribute 800 pounds of food to the North County Community Services Food Bank by 31 December 2015.
- Contribute 1500 pounds of rice and 75 gallons of oil to the RefugeeNet (formerly the Episcopal Refugee Network) by 31 December 2015.
- Reconstitute the counters group with at least 8 members by 16 April 2015.
- Increase the number of pledge units by 5%, from 38 to 40, by the end of 2015.
- Initiate a Finance Committee by the end of April 2015.